Commercial plumbing works are bigger compared to domestic projects. Commercial plumbing can be done only by plumbing contractors who can pool in more plumbers to work on a project and have financial backup to meet temporary requirements to finish projects on time. Commercial plumbers will have all mandatory license, accreditations, and insurance to undertake their projects. They will have engineers and interior designers in their team to assist with planning and designing plumbing projects for huge commercial projects.
Which Types of Projects Require A Commercial Plumber?
If you are responsible for appointing a plumber for working in any of the following types of properties, then you would need a commercial plumber.
- Bars and restaurants
- Resorts and hotels
- Office floors
- Medical facilities, hospitals, nursing homes and clinics
- Old age homes and day cares
- Stadium, sports activity centers etc
- Shopping malls
- Supermarkets, groceries and stores
- Gas stations
- Food processing plants and factories
- School and colleges
- Airports, bus stands, and railway stations
- Other public properties and toilets
Services and Facilities You Get From A Commercial Plumber
You are ought to get many facilities from a commercial plumber, which a regular plumber may not give you. Some of the services that can save you from many hassles are:
- Pinpointing the problem with the plumbing system, and finding out the cause.
- Installing a new line, system, appliance, faucet etc, or upgrading from the old to the new.
- Cleaning of water tanks, checking blocks in joints, and patency of entire drainage line in a building.
- Emergency services due to a pipe burst, faucet breaking, tank burst, etc.
- Finding the obstruction in the line, and cleaning it off..
- Repairing any kind of leaks.
Requirement for Frequent Maintenance
It’s quite natural that in a commercial property the use of plumbing lines, water faucets, toilet seats, and all such items related to the plumbing line is not done gently by users. Hence the requirement for maintenance of such items is more, and the requirements often arise and are frequent compared to home plumbing.
Therefore to maintain a commercial property, you will need a periodic check of the plumbing lines from a responsible commercial plumber. If a company or agency takes this maintenance contract, then you can be very comfortable with the annual maintenance of the commercial property, and you would also know that in the case of any problem or emergency you can get their services in just one call.
When to Call Your Commercial Plumber
Your commercial plumber should be at the service of the housekeeping department should a need arise, 24×7.
- If the toilet bowl, washing sink, or a line is clogged or jammed then call the plumber
- If you notice that the flow from a pipe has diminished, and you see scanty or slow water coming out, then it’s an alarm. You must call the plumber instantly to find out what slowed the flow.
- If you hear noises from inside the water pipes, then it clearly indicates some resistance inside. Before the pipe bursts or stops draining call the plumbers.
- Water dripping from pipeline or signs of moisture on the walls.
Besides all these, any other emergency causing blockage, bursts, water logging etc., will demand immediate attention from a commercial plumber.
Rather than waiting for trouble, it is wise to get into an annual servicing contract with a reliable commercial plumbing company. Before you enter into a contract with a commercial plumbing company, ensure you confirm the credentials and experience of the company.