Hydraulic ram pump also referred to a hydram is mainly a pump that is water powered. It actually utilize the energy through the fast water flow dropping by the small distance which lifts the small amount of water to the high level. This pump is only powered by the water and no other extra energy is required. This is considered to be a very reasonable and trustworthy solution for delivering water. However, it actually wastes around 75% to 80% water through the source itself. Now the whole world is running after the green technology and it is better to save the electricity to minimize the carbon footprint. The hydraulic ram is a greenest technology eco-friendly pumping system, which does not require any electric power. Apart from that, the waste valve of this system can store the wastewater and save your water consumption level.
How Does Hydraulic Ram Pump Work?
In order to use this pump, it is essential for you to have some kind of water source located overhead the pump. The best instance for this can be a pond situated on the hillside. In this case, the pump can be located on the ground level. There will be a pipe which will run through the pond and reach to the pump. The ram pump comprises of the valve which will help in flowing water:
- When the water touches its highest speed, the valve shuts. When it gets shut the water flowing creates a lot of amount of pressure inside the pump due to its inertia. Due to the pressure, the second valve opens up. The high-pressure flow of water passes through another valve and reaches to delivery pipe. This comprises air chamber so that the delivery pipe can get a hold of water with high pressure.
- After this, the pressure falls in the pump and will open the first valve where the water will flow and develop momentum again. Once this is done, another valve gets closed. In the same way, the cycle will be repeated. Normally, the delivery pipe will rise to some distance exceeding water source and the pump.
What are Some of the Features of Hydraulic Ram Pump?
- No other exterior energy input is used for the working of the ram pump apart from the water energy that passes through the pump. No power energy required for operating these pumps.
- The pump will function for the entire day and entire week as far as the needed water volume flows through it.
- Water is required to come to the location that is higher than that of the ram.
- Very small amount of water is pumped and the remaining passes through the ram pump and gets drained to the lower location.
- This has very small output each minute and so there will storage device required at the delivery for storing the output.
What are the Benefits of Hydraulic Ram Pump?
There are lots of advantages of using this kind of ram pumps. These kinds of pumps are able to offer irrigational benefits and resource protection benefits.
- This type of pump helps to escalate the number of crops. This pump can be implemented in the structure of plantation and to expand the forest development.
- Due to less power consumption and powerful accessibility, farmers get benefited by installing this pump in their ground.
- This is an eco-friendly pump which will save the planet from green gas effects.
These are some of the benefits that can be availed by using hydraulic ram pump. This pump can assist you to collect the water resource and solid waste to provide better water force. You can also install these pumps for your waste water system and this pump can run without any electricity and save your power consumption level.